Baseball | April 13, 2022
THIS WEEK: The USC baseball team hits the road for four games this week, opening the road trip off with a three-game series at Arizona State starting on Thursday. The Trojans then head to Cal State Fullerton for a Tuesday night matchup.
Thursday – USC at Arizona State (Phoenix, Ariz.), April 14, 6:30 pm (Pac-12 Insider)
Friday – USC at Arizona State (Phoenix, Ariz.), April 15, 6 pm (ASU Live Stream)
Saturday – USC at Arizona State (Phoenix, Ariz.), April 16, 12:30 pm (ASU Live Stream)
Tuesday – USC at Cal State Fullerton (Fullerton, Calif.), April 19, 6 pm (ESPN +)
Thursday – USC: LHP Isaac Esqueda (1-1, 3.52 ERA) vs. ASU: RHP Tyler Meyer (2-0, 3.78 ERA)
Friday – USC: RHP Tyler Stromsborg (1-2, 3.89 ERA) vs. ASU: RHP Kyle Luckham (4-2, 4.67 ERA)
Saturday – USC: RHP Charlie Hurley (4-1, 1.85 ERA) vs. ASU: LHP Adam Tulloch (2-1, 7.26 ERA)
BROADCAST INFO: All three games at Arizona State will be streamed live on Pac-12 + via TheSunDevils.com. Friday’s game will also be a part of the Pac-12 Insider package. Tuesday’s game will be shown live on ESPN +. Links to all of the broadcasts are available on the baseball schedule page at USCTrojans.com.
FOLLOW: Fans can also follow the action through live stats on USCTrojans.com. Live, in-game updates will be available for all games from @USC_Baseball on Twitter as well.
GET SOCIAL: Follow USC Baseball on social media to get updates on everything going on with the team this season. The Trojans can be found at @USC_Baseball on Twitter, @sctrojans_baseball on Instagram and USC Trojans Baseball on Facebook.
LAST WEEK: The Trojans were swept by No. 3 Oregon State at home and then picked up a win at CSUN on Tuesday, 16-10. The Trojans hit six home runs against CSUN, one off the USC single game record. Adrian Colon-Rosado led the way with two homers, and was joined by Rhylan Thomas, Tyresse Turner, D’Andre Smith and Tyler Lozano.
SERIES VS. ASU: The Sun Devils lead the all-time series 112-108. ASU won 2-of-3 in Los Angeles last season.
SERIES VS. CSUF: Fullerton leads the all-time series 55-47-1. The teams played at Dedeaux Field on March 22, with USC picking up an 11-10 victory.
- USC’s 38 home runs are 3rd in the Pac-12 and the Trojans’ 1.27 HR / game are 2nd in the conference.
- The Trojans are 1st in the Pac-12 and 23rd in the NCAA with 18 sacrifice flies.
- USC has 9 triples, 3rd most in the Pac-12.
- The Trojans have 4 players who have recorded a save this season; Matt Keating (5), Garrett Clarke, Carson Lambert, Nate Clow.
- Adrian Colon-Rosado leads USC and is 2nd in the Pac-12 with a .387 batting average. He has reached base in 28 straight games and has hits in his last 8 contests coming into this week’s action. Colon-Rosado’s .642 slugging percentage is also good for 5th in the Pac-12. He is coming off a 2-HR game at CSUN and is tied for the team lead with 7 long balls.
- Charlie Hurley‘s 1.85 ERA is 5th best in the Pac-12 and 30th in the NCAA. Hurley’s 6.6 hits allowed / 9 are 6th in the conference and his 1.08 WHIP is 9th.
- Tyler Lozano is tied for the Trojan lead with 7 long balls this season. His 0.27 HR / game are 7th best in the Pac-12.
- Matt Keating is tied for the Pac-12 lead with 5 saves. He has made 14 relief appearances on the mound with a 2.29 ERA and 2-1 record.
- Carson Lambert has made 15 relief appearances on the mound, 12th most in the Pac-12, and his 3.00 ERA in 30.0 innings pitched qualifies for 13th best in the conference.
- Isaac Esqueda made his first start since Feb. 25 when he tossed 1.2 innings against San Jose State on April 1. Esqueda was out with a minor leg injury.
- Tyler Stromsborg‘s 8 starts are a team-high and 2nd most in the Pac-12.
- Rhylan Thomas is the 3rd toughest batter to strike out in the Pac-12, with 10.2 ab / K this season. He is coming off a 5-hit game against CSUN on Tuesday.