May 18, 2022
Thanks to generous donations from the Easton Sports Development Foundation, USA Archery is able to provide grant funding in 2022 to help female USA Archery Level 3-NTS Coaches advance their coach education level. USA Archery Level 4-NTS Certification helps coaches become eligible for positions with National Development Programs and International Team Staff.
The USA Archery Level 4-NTS Course will be held virtually in 2022 and will start in October and run through the end of November.
Selected applicants will be eligible to receive up to $ 725 in funding to cover registration for the Level 4-NTS Coach Course and Mental Management 102 course. Grant funding will be provided to a limited number of coaches and will only be awarded to those who meet all the criteria listed above and are selected by the selection committee. The selection committee will consist of the USA Archery CEO, the Chief of Sport Performance & Organizational Development, and the Education and Training Manager.
Female Coach Education Grant awards will be based on:
- The number of selected applicants
- Total amount of grant dollars available
- Potential impact of grant on advancing women in coaching archery
- Current level of participation in archery
To apply, you must meet all of the following Eligibility Criteria:
- Current USA Archery Membership
- Must be 20 years of age or older by November 1, 2022
- Level 3-NTS certification by May 1, 2022
- Current USA Archery background screen
- Successfully completed S. Center for SafeSport training
- Successfully completed Mental Management 101 Course
- Priority will be given to females who are currently competing in the 50+, Senior or Collegiate Divisions
- Have access to a computer with audio and video capabilities
- Apply by August 1, 2022
Grants will be paid as reimbursement after the course and recipients must provide receipts for related expenses.
The Level 4-NTS course will be held over 6-7 weeks through Zoom and the online USA Archery Education Hub. The course will consist of:
- 9 live sessions that will be approximately 2.5 hours in duration
- 1-hour breakout sessions twice a week. Breakout sessions will be scheduled the same day or the day after the live sessions and at varying times.
- Homework assignments will be assigned including online work
- Online Final Exam
- Practical Exam (divided into 2 parts)
- Live sessions will be recorded if participants miss or want to review a session
Live sessions will feature lecture, Q&A, breakout sessions and practical exercises. USA Archery expects to maintain a 1: 5 coach trainer to student ratio for breakout sessions. Coach Trainers helping with the course will have an additional 1-2 hours available each week for “office hours.” Prior to each session, students will need to complete pre-session assignments and post session homework assignments.
If you have any questions regarding these opportunities, please contact Guy Krueger at [email protected].